Seriously, I think it blinked and became October. And while I’m enjoying all the pumpkin-flavored recipes hitting Pinterest yet again, I am having a hard time letting go of summer. I live in Virginia, so it’s definitely time to put the shorts and flip flops away, but I just can’t.
So humor me, dear readers. Let’s have one more watermelon recipe before I have to admit that it is fall! This is a yummy, sweet drink that’s perfect for closing your eyes and imagining that it is still June!
Yes, I still saw watermelons in the grocery store the other day, though Leinenkugal Summer Shady seems to have disappeared, so I guess no more beer mimosas until next year!
Hat tip to Say Yes to Hoboken for posting the original recipe. For this watermelon slush recipe, you need your trusty blender. Fill it with: 2 cups of watermelon in small cubes, 2/3 cup ice, the juice of one lime, and one Tablespoon of sugar. I also tore up a few mint leaves and threw them in there for a little added freshness.
Blend until smooth.
Then, simply pour into a glass and enjoy! If you’re really fancy, you can garnish with some mint and a little umbrella. We aren’t that well-prepared in this house, so I just have a straw. Hey, it still tasted amazing!
Here’s the printable:
- 2 cups of watermelon in small cubes
- ⅔ cup ice
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 3-5 mint leaves, torn
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Pulse to break up the ice, then blend until smooth.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Mocha Latte Cupcakes - November 12, 2019
- 300+ Chocolate Recipes from #Choctoberfest 2019: From Family Favorites to Unique Eats - October 28, 2019
- Chocolate Orange Overnight Oats (Vegan-Friendly!) #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2019