I tried out a new product called Flatout Light Italian Herb Flatbreads. The package says it has 90 calories, 9 grams of protein and 74% fewer net carbs than 2 slices of wheat bread. A lot of times products like this tend to taste like cardboard, so I was a skeptical. We first tried them out making chicken wraps using lettuce, tomato, onion, shredded cheese and breaded chicken strips. They were pretty good. Then I saw on the package about making pizza with them.
No affiliation with Flatout. We just like the product!
My husband LOVES pizza but it has so many carbs. I checked out the website and pinnned one of the recipes. So one Sunday night I made one. It was quick and easy to make. It tasted pretty good for a thin crust. We are usually thick crust pizza eaters. But, I would make it again.
Preheat oven to 350. Prebake one Flatout bread for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread sauce on bread. Layer your toppings next. Use whatever you like on your pizza! I included sausage, mini peperoni slices, onions, and peppers. Top it off with shredded cheese. You can use whatever variety is your favorite. This recipe is super flexible, so you can customize it to your liking.
Bake 4-5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Cut into slices and serve.
- 1 Flatout Light Italian Herb Flatbread
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled sausage
- mini pepperoni slices
- chopped onions & peppers
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- oregano or italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prebake the flatbread for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from oven and layer your toppings ending with your shredded cheese.
- Bake an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Golden Chocolate Blossom Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018