Over the past few weeks (okay, let’s be honest… months) you may have noticed that our blog was quieter than normal.
Behind the scenes, we were getting ready for our big change!
Back when we started our blog back in 2012, our goal was to test recipes that got popular on Pinterest to see if they were really good or just looked good. It was a fun way for our family to work together on a project we enjoyed. The name “The PinterTest Kitchen” made sense, and who doesn’t love a good play on words?
But over the years, our blog changed. It became more about sharing family recipes and developing good recipes into great recipes. We started to review products more often, and work with the food blogger community. Our annual event #Choctoberfest took off. Instagram became more and more popular.
After over 300 recipes, we decided that it was time to make a change.
“The PinterTest Kitchen” just didn’t fit anymore.
So, as of today…. introducing… TRIPLE CHOCOLATE KITCHEN!
In case the title of this blog post and the new header didn’t tip you off, we decided to change the name of our blog to Triple Chocolate Kitchen. We’re still in the process of changing everything, so you may still see the name The PinterTest Kitchen pop up occasionally.
What does this mean? This blog is still going to be filled with delicious recipes that our family personally taste-tests and develops. Essentially, not much is changing.
However, we are going to focus primarily on chocolate recipes, since this is where our true passion lies. #Choctoberfest is a success because we love the event so much, so we thought why not enjoy chocolate all year long?
You can still access our non-chocolate recipes, and we’ll post a non-chocolate recipe once in a while, if something is really super delicious and we can’t help but share it.
Also, all your old pins and links will still work! So if you saved a recipe for later, no need to panic and try to find the new link. Our blog will automatically redirect you. (In case it doesn’t for any reason, just contact us! We’d be happy to help you find the recipe you need.)
We choose the name Triple Chocolate Kitchen for a few reasons:
- The “triple” refers to the three of us to blog here – myself (Allison), my mom (Sharon), and my sister (Jess).
- The “triple” also refers to the fact that we’ll be sharing recipes made with milk, dark, and white chocolate. We’ll also use other forms of chocolate and chocolate related products, such as cocoa powder and cocoa butter.
- The name isn’t too far from our old name. We like that it still has “kitchen” in the title. Hopefully that will help with the confusion!
We have a lot of big plans for this blog and #Choctoberfest! Thank you for joining us on this incredible ride.
Allison (and Sharon and Jess)
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Mocha Latte Cupcakes - November 12, 2019
- 300+ Chocolate Recipes from #Choctoberfest 2019: From Family Favorites to Unique Eats - October 28, 2019
- Chocolate Orange Overnight Oats (Vegan-Friendly!) #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2019