These muffins are the best muffins ever. I’ve tried a lot of recipes for muffins and you can throw most of them away. This recipe makes muffins that are moist and flavorful, and you can customize them for your family.
This time I made raspberry, but i have already made blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, peach and mixed berries. You can use fresh or frozen fruit. Gotta love a versatile recipe!
I also have jumbo muffin tins, which I usually use. I also lighten the sugar by using 1/2 cup of spenda and 1 cup of white sugar instead of 1 1/2 cups of white sugar. You can use regular-sized tins if you want, as well as full sugar if you want to be extra naughty with the recipe.
Make a few batches and freeze them. They freeze well when individually wrapped in aluminum foil. They are always disappearing from my freezer
You will need butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, milk, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and raspberries (or whatever fruit you want to use). Here are the ingredients:
Preheat oven to 350. Put liners in pan or spray pans with cooking spray. Cream together sugar and softened butter in mixer with paddle attachment. You’ll need to cream for about 5 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
Add eggs , one at a time and mix. Then add vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix.
Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix.
Fold in fruit by hand. I used raspberries this time but, again, any fruit can be used. I have yet to find a fruit that doesn’t taste good in these muffins!
If using frozen fruit, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour over top of berries. They will not sink to the bottom if you do that step.
Fill muffin cups 7/8 full. If you don’t use all the cups run a little water into unused cups so they don’t burn. (This is a tip that works for most muffin/cupcake recipes!)
Bake 25 – 30 minutes at 350 until lightly browned or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Makes 10 jumbo muffins or 16 – 18 regular size muffins. Adjust baking time according to which size pans you use.
My mouth is watering . These are great muffins! Here’s the printable recipe:
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter. soft
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups of fresh or frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 350 and line pans with paper liners or spray pans with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and sugar with mixer on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at the time, mixing on low.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the berries by hand.
- Fill muffin cups ⅞ full.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes at 350 until lightly browned or until when toothpick is inserted it comes out clean.
- Makes 10 jumbo muffins or 16 - 18 regular size muffins.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018
- Triple Chocolate Truffles #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2018
- Easy S’mores Cookies + 12 S’mores Inspired Recipes #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2018