I enjoy making quick breads. They aren’t as time consuming as a yeast bread and you have something wonderful when you are done.
I was in a baking mood the other day and was searching for a new quick bread recipe. I came across a version of the cinnamon swirl bread on Something Swanky. Reading the recipe and seeing that sour cream and oil were in it made me know that it would be moist and delicious.
There is 3 different parts to making the bread; the batter, the swirl part, and the crumb topping. All the parts come together fairly easy and the ingredients are found in most pantries.
The Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread comes out of the oven moist and delicious, just as I expected. You can hardly wait until it cools enough to eat a slice! These would also be awesome to make as small loves and give as holiday or birthday gifts.
Check out some of are other quick bread recipes: Perfect Pumpkin Bread, Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, and Tropical Banana Bread.
Don’t forget to make some extra loaves to put in the freezer!
Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread
This cinnamon treat is perfect for starting your day off in a sweet way or snacking on throughout the day for a quick pick-me-up.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cinnamon Swirl Ingredients
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8-1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan or 2 - 4x 2 pans.
- Whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and mix until just combined
- Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix. If the batter is a little lumpy, that is okay.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cinnamon swirl ingredients.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon swirl mixture on top.
- Spread another 1/3 of the batter on top of cinnamon swirl layer. Sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon swirl ingredients.
- Spread the last of the batter on top and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix the crumb topping ingredients together. Should look like coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake about 55- 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Adjust the time if you are making smaller loaves.
The following two tabs change content below.
Sharon is a co-founder here at The PinterTest Kitchen. She works part-time at a local winery and is also very involved in running her husband’s wrought iron business.