This Pennsylvania winter has been so cold and snowy that I can hardly wait for spring. The ground hog saw his shadow on February 2nd and says 6 more weeks of winter. So far he has been right. I make a lot of meals in the oven just to help warm the kitchen.
I had some cans of crescent rolls in the refrigerator that needed to be used. I also had some wonton wrappers which I used to make Sausage Wonton Cups and the Pizza Wonton Cups. I started looking for recipes to use the crescents up. I came across an appetizer from Pillsbury.com. It looked easy enough. I also read some of the reviews. Some said they were on the dry side. So I put my own spin on the recipe. I had some leftover pizza sauce in the refrigerator and incorporated that into the recipe. You can customize the recipe for your taste.
Here are the ingredients that I used: can of crescent rolls, pizza sauce,shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced pepperoni, dried oregano, garlic powder, italian seasoning, egg (separated).
Preheat oven to 375. Unroll the crescent rolls and separate the dough into 4 rectangles. Press the perforations together. Spread each rectangle with a little of the pizza sauce. Not too much or the sauce squeezes out when you roll it up, especially if you didn’t have the perforations pinched together all the way.
In a bowl, mix together shredded mozzarella cheese, finely chopped pepperoni, oregano, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and egg yolk. Spoon a few tablespoons of it onto the pizza sauce.
Starting at the short side, roll up the dough like a pinwheel. Pinch the edges together to seal. Slice each roll into 6 pieces. Put the slice cut side down onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Brush with the beaten egg white.
Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. Best to eat when warm. Makes 24 pinwheels.
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sliced and finely chopped pepperoni
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (8 ounce) crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix together cheese, pepperoni, oregano, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and egg yolk.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut into 4 rectangles. Press seams together.
- Spread some pizza sauce on each rectangle. (Not too much or it will ooze out the sides when you roll them up.)
- Spread each rectangle with a few tablespoons of the pepperoni mixture.
- Starting at the short side roll up each rectangle. Cut into 6 slices.
- Place the cut side down onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. Best to eat when warm.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Golden Chocolate Blossom Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018