Who doesn’t love a frothy fruit smoothie on a warm summer’s day…
Wait. What? It’s not summer anymore, you say? PSH! Labor Day might be behind us, but fall doesn’t officially start until next week. So that means I can still have smoothies and eat watermelon and fire up the grill for at least a few more days.
Regardless, I actually make these peach smoothies all year long. The trick to the perfect smoothie is to not use fresh peaches. So it doesn’t matter it peaches are in season or not!
Here are a few peach smoothie tips:
- If you’re not a fan of ginger, experiment with other flavors to kick the peach up a notch. Cinnamon would be fantastic, and basil or mint would add a fresh taste.
- Frozen peaches can sometimes be hard to find. If your local grocery store doesn’t have them, check Target. I can always find them at Target, when all else fails.
- Go ahead…throw in a banana if that’s your thing. I am personally not a fan of banana and peach flavors together, but they make smoothies really creamy.
- Blend longer than you think you need to. That’s how you’ll get your smoothie really frothy.
- Spike it for the perfect end to a long day. I recommend some peach schnaps, triple sec, and white rum.
On the plus side to this “end of summer” thing, I already ordered my first hot spiced chai latte of the season yesterday. I guess the cooler weather isn’t horrible.
Aren’t my metal straws cute? They actually have a little spoon at the end. Jessica got them for me for my birthday and I LOVE them. Pick up a set here if you’re interested. Also, ten points if anyone can tell me where my blue glass is from!
Here’s the printable Peach Ginger Smooth recipe:
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 101 Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes #NationalCheesecakeDay - July 30, 2019
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes #CupcakeLoversDay - June 13, 2019
- White Chocolate Wine Truffles - June 11, 2019