When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, it was simply called “OMG Chicken.” I’ve taken to calling it Sour Cream Chicken, since that’s one of the main ingredients. You can call it whatever you want, I guess! I make this is big batches because it’s also night to put the chicken cold on a sandwich the next day.
A big thanks to Kimberly Gonzales, who pinned this recipe so it showed up in my stream. Also, thank you to The Enchanted Cook, who first posted this recipe. My version is a little difference, but thanks still goes to them for the inspiration!
To make my version of OMG Chicken, you need sour cream, panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and, of course, chicken.
I like to use chicken breast tenders when I can find them on sale, but you could also use cutlets. Just make sure whatever you use isn’t too thick or it will take a year and a half to cook.
Mike the sour cream and cheese together. You can also use half sour cream and half mayo or all mayo (like the original recipe calls for). I’ve also heard of some people using Greek yogurt, which I personally don’t care for, but is a good lighter option. You can see in the photo that I’m using light sour cream, and I think it has just as much flavor as regular.
Spread it over the chicken (i put down foil first so cleaning is easier. Then, sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top to coat evenly.
My breadcrumbs were seasoned, but if yours are not you may want to through a bit of your own seasoning in there (at least salt and pepper, but you could also use oregano, basil, rosemary, Italian seasoning, or any other seasoning you like best).
Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. If you’re using thicker breasts, you’ll need to cook longer.
Mmmm, perfect. I paired this with some homemade guacamole on the side for a really light dinner one night, after a big lunch. You could of course do traditional side sides as well or serve the chicken over a salad. I love sour cream and guacamole as a combo, so I think this pairing works well. Which reminds me that the next time I make guacamole, I have to take some pictures so I can teach y’all how I make it. I’m a total avocado fiend, so you should see that recipe posted soon.
Here’s the printable for the chicken:
- ½ cup sour cream (or ¼ cup each of sour cream and mayo)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Panko bread crumbs (about ½ cup)
- 1-2 pounds of chicken breast (thin cutlets or tenders)
- seasonings (optional)
- Mix together sour cream and cheese in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in baking dish lined with tin foil and mixture over top.
- Add seasonings to breadcrumbs if desired and sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 101 Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes #NationalCheesecakeDay - July 30, 2019
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes #CupcakeLoversDay - June 13, 2019
- White Chocolate Wine Truffles - June 11, 2019