My love affair with pecans is recent. Growing up, I hated nuts. Other than cashews, I never ate them, and I absolutely hated them in my baked goods.
I still do, actually. Nuts do not belong in brownies.
But I’ve grown up a bit and can admit that sugared pecans are downright delicious. My mother is probably cringing to hear this because it means that the next time there’s pecan pie in her house (one of her favorite desserts of all time), she has to share!
I saw this recipe for Jack Daniels Pecans pinned by Morgan Melim, and I just had to try them. They’ll be perfect for tailgating this fall (go Penn State!) and would also be great on top of a cheesecake.
Best of all, this is a super easy recipe and pretty quick to pop in the oven. It makes your whole house smell good!
Step one is to combine 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels, 2 teaspoons of instant coffee, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a skillet over medium heat. You want all of the ingredients to dissolve and melt together into gooey sticky goodness.
Once it starts to boil, add in the pecans. I used a whole bag. Stir them around so they all get coated. If the sugar and coffee aren’t perfectly melted yet, that’s okay! These are going in the oven too.
Once they’re coated and have a minute to get warm on the stove top, transfer them to a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until the coating isn’t wet anymore.
I like to put a piece of tin foil down first so clean up is a snap. Otherwise, you’re going to be scrubbing to get cooked sugar off of your cookie sheet!
That’s it! As soon as they’ve cooled a little, you can serve them. They’re really good warm. I know a bag doesn’t seem like a lot, but sugared pecans are really sweet and rich, so a little goes a long way. Keep that in mind if you’re making them for a party or tailgate.
Here’s the printable recipe:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small bag of pecans (use more or less depending on how sugary you want the nuts to be)
- Melt together sugar, Jack Daniels, coffee, and cinnamon over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble, pour in pecans. Stir to coat.
- Spread pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees until they are dry.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 101 Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes #NationalCheesecakeDay - July 30, 2019
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes #CupcakeLoversDay - June 13, 2019
- White Chocolate Wine Truffles - June 11, 2019