I met Cathy when she was catering one of our events at Benigna’s Creek Winery. She occasionally makes some foods for the wine trail (Susquehanna Heartland Wine Trail) weekends that are held at the winery in March and also does quite a bit of catering at Benigna’s. She agreed to take the pictures of the soup making process and I would write up the directions here at the blog.
The soup, of course , made with Benigna’s Creek Hessian Red Wine (semi-sweet red wine) was a great addition to the wine trail with lots of rave reviews. You could use any semi-sweet/semi-dry red wine, but we hope you’re try Benigna’s Creek wine if you live in Pennsylvania.
Here are the ingredients: sliced mushrooms, beef broth, Benigna’s Creek Hessian Red Wine, sliced carrots, sliced celery, diced onion, chopped fresh parsley, Orzo or other small pasta, fresh ground pepper.
Combine all the ingredients except the pasta and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Cook the pasta separately, undercooking it by 1-3 minutes of the package instructions.
Add the cooked pasta and simmer for another 10-15 minutes for all the flavors to blend.
Serve with a crusty bread and a glass of red wine. (Or two or three…we don’t judge here at The PinterTest Kitchen!!)
Thank you, Cathy, for the great recipe!!!
- 2 pounds slice mushrooms
- 10 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Benigna's Creek Hessian Red Wine
- 5 carrots finely diced or sliced
- 5 stalks celery diced or sliced
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup Orzo or other small pasta
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except pasta and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cook pasta separately, undercooking it by 1-3 minutes according to package instructions.
- Add the cooked pasta to the soup and simmer for another 10-15 minutes for the flavors to blend.
Get Nutritional Information for this Recipe from My Recipe Magic:
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Golden Chocolate Blossom Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018