Like most grandmothers out there, our Grandma Lenker is known for certain dishes – homemade, hand-kneaded cinnamon swirl bread, drop sugar cookies, cherry pie… and chocolate frosted brownies!
Since this week is #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar, I thought there would be no better way to start it off than by sharing her recipe.
To make these brownies, I used plenty of sugar from this year’s Gold Sponsor, Imperial Sugar. We love Imperial Sugar because their sugar products and sweeteners use non-GMO cane sugar. They’ve been making the world a little sweeter since 1843 through both the Imperial Sugar and Dixie Crystal brands.
Grandma never disappoints! She knows how much I love these brownies, so she always brings me a few when she makes a batch. Aren’t grandmothers the best?
Pour yourself a huge glass of milk to wash down Grandma’s brownies. I dare you to eat just one. (Hint: It’s nearly impossible… you’re going to need a lot of self-control to avoid eating the full pan!)
Don’t forget to enter to win our #Choctoberfest giveaway here.. and check out the full recipe and all of the other bloggers posting yummy chocolate recipes today:
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1½ cups Imperial Sugar powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add butter.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt). Add to wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 8"x8" pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees (toothpick should come out clean).
- To make frosting, combine cocoa and butter.
- In a separate container, combine water and instant coffee. Add to cocoa/butter mixture.
- Mix in powdered sugar until a smooth frosting forms. Spread over cooled brownies.
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 18, 2019
- Chocolate Suagr Cookies with Caramel Icing #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2019
- Sugar Cookies with a Chocolate Caramel Drizzle - February 1, 2019