Jess here this week… Usually Allison’s here to start the frenzy, but she’s currently on her honeymoon at a top secret location! She and Jeffrey are trying to unplug as much as possible on their trip. They haven’t even told anyone where they have gone… except me (in case of an emergency) and I’m keeping my lips sealed. *Insert evil laugh here*
So I’m filling in this week. Speaking of substitutes… I’m not one to substitute ingredients very often when I’m baking. But there’s one ingredient I never have on hand and always substitute… Buttermilk.
Seriously, who ever has buttermilk on hand? I also live in a very rural area. The closest grocery store is 15-20 minutes away and requires driving over a mountain.
Here’s an easy substitute for buttermilk: For a cup of buttermilk, put a tablespoon of white vinegar into a measuring cup. Pour milk into the measuring cup until it measures one cup. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes before using in recipe. Don’t have white vinegar? Use lemon juice. Don’t have lemon juice either? Use 1 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar instead.
Ta da! You now have a buttermilk substitute. Ok, on to the Friday Frenzy!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Melissa from MelClaire ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Colleen from Faith Hope Love and Luck ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
Hey Everybody! Chef Sarah Elizabeth here bringing you this week’s Friday Frenzy. It’s FALL! I love fall and everything it brings. Pumpkins, warm tones, cool weather, sweaters, cozy evenings with fires and blankets. I live in Southern California so I don’t get to experience actual fall. We are having some slightly cooler weather in the mornings lately, but by 3:00pm it is already back up to 80F. We’re going apple picking this weekend, I’ve already decorated our house for Halloween, and we sit in the air conditioned coffee shop when we want to enjoy the hot fall beverages (PSL anyone?!) Okay Okay, enough with my love of fall. Here are my completely fall biased picks for this week’s Friday Frenzy.
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn from Savory Moments. Caramel Corn is already so fallish in my book, so adding pumpkin spice just ups it to next level fall. This will make a great snack for our 1.5 hour drive to apple picking!
Boo-terscotch M&M Cookies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats. First of all, how cute is that name?! Secondly, gimme a whole batch of these please!
Pumpkin Chocolate Whoopie Cookies from Faith Hope Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice. I love how these photos are styled with a skeleton! The recipe certainly sounds delicious, too.
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups #Choctoberfest - October 18, 2019
- Chocolate Suagr Cookies with Caramel Icing #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2019
- Sugar Cookies with a Chocolate Caramel Drizzle - February 1, 2019