You know it is going to be an interesting phone call when you mom starts with, “I have a story that will beat your racoon story.”
This is what she proceeds to tell me…
My mom likes to go walking with our neighbor in the morning before work. They are good friends and enjoy getting a little exercise together.
My parents have a dam on their property, a pond that was made by my grandparents (or maybe great grandparents – I’m not sure) from damming the nearby creek. She has to walk past it to get to the neighbor’s house for their walk. The other morning, on her way, so noticed something shiny in the water and went to investigate…
…and immediately ran into the house to get my dad…
… because what she was seeing was the top of my dad’s pickup truck! In the water!
I won’t go into details here because the police are still investigating, but what we do know is that looks like someone attempted to steal my dad’s truck during the night, and somehow ended up in the water.
A friend of the family helped him pull it out, and as he was opening the cab door, water poured out including three fish!
Sometimes in life, there is nothing to do but just laugh about the fact that there are fish swimming out of your truck. What a crazy day for my parents! Fingers crossed that the police will be able to sort it all out.
On to Friday Frenzy…
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- Well when you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure.
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure.
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links.
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura from Little House Big Alaska ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Rachel from Trampling Rose ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Amy from Savory Moments ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Melissa from MelClaire ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook
- Kelly Lynn from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Eats ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Micha from Cooking Mimi ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- April from Home Sweet Homestead ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Sarah from Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
- Allison (hey that’s me!) from The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook
This Week’s Featured Posts
Hi friends it’s Laura from Little House Big Alaska and I’m your host this week. It was SO hard to choose my favorite posts from all the linked up posts from last week. SO many amazing posts to choose from I couldn’t even pick three I HAD to pick four. HAD TO.
First up the Green Tomato Tacos from Mj’s Kitchen. What? I know!
Aren’t they gorgeous? I think I have a few tomatoes left in my greenhouse and I’m going to make these for dinner this week.
Then The Bearded Hiker brought a gorgeous Sauerbraten recipe for Oktoberfest.
Yeah I need to make that too!
Side dishes are sometimes my FAVORITE part of a meal, anybody else feel that way? Maybe this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Just Simple Somethings is just the thing to make you love side dishes too.
And let’s top off this tasty post with a very seasonal Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chip recipe from Back to my Southern Roots. I need a slice RIGHT NOW.
Be sure to pin the featured posts and leave a couple links as well! We love to see what everyone is making and eating and drinking! Cheers!
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Sealed with a Kiss Cookies (Peanut Butter Blossoms) #FoodBloggerLove - February 11, 2019
- Individual No-Bake Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecakes with Biscoff Crust - January 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays! Kitchen Aid Giveaway! - December 10, 2018