Thank you to Barlean’s for sponsoring this recipe!
When I was in college, I was always the one to bring sweet treats to movie nights and birthdays. Brownies were my go to, but my mini sticky buns were the most requested! I’ve wanted to share this recipe for some time. Since it’s #Choctoberfest this week, I decided to add chocolate! Everything’s better with chocolate…
The great part about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make vegan! I normally would use butter in these recipe, but Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil is a great substitute. You really can’t taste the difference at all in this recipe. To make this recipe vegan, choose original Pillsbury crescent rolls (they use non-dairy ingredients). You can also use a vegan chocolate option.
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons melted Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil (plus extra)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped milk chocolate chips
- 1 tube of crescent rolls (8 rolls)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Mix together melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and water. Pour into bottom or an 8x8 baking pan.
- Open tube of crescent rolls and unroll. Separate into four rectangles. Do not separate into triangles! Seal these perforations instead.
- Brush on melted coconut oil (do not spread to entire edge so they roll up nicely later). Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate.
- Roll up rectangle and cut into 5 pieces. Place into baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. When removed from oven, immediately flip out sticky buns onto a a foil liked plate or cookie sheet. Allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
To make recipe vegan, use Pillsbury crescents rolls and a chocolate substitute or a dark chocolate containing only vegan ingredients.
Want to see the other recipes our #Choctoberfest bloggers are posting today? Check them out: