And as you may know if you’re a regular reader, I love easy peasy recipes that I can get ready in the morning, stick in the crockpot, and forget about until dinnertime. So, this pork loin recipe using apple slices was right up my alley!
Seriously, there are only four ingredients, so even if you’re not great in the kitchen, it’s pretty hard to mess this one up! Thanks to Martha del Cerro who originally pinned this recipe so it showed up in my stream!
Just make sure that you start this recipe in the morning so it’s ready by the time you want dinner. This is an easy recipe, but not a quick one. It needs time to cook in your crockpot.
To make this apple honey pork loin, you need a pork loin, apples, honey, and cinnamon.
Start by slicing the apples. Put about 1/2 to 1 apple’s worth in the bottom of your crockpot.
Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon, then slice slits into your pork loin every inch (ish). Stuff the additional apple slices in the slits.
A little note here: The original recipe called for red delicious apples, but I just used what I had in the house, which happened to be gala if I’m remembering correctly. I think the slightly heartier red delicious would actually complement the pork better though, so next time, I’ll make sure to pick some up, even though I’m not a huge fan of red delicious apples.
Also, the directions call for you to drizzle a little honey in each slit, but I totally forgot to do that until I was already halfway done filling with apple, so I just skipped it and drizzled extra on top. No biggie.
Place your pork loin in the slow cooker on top of the apple layer. I actually had a pack that came with two small loins, which fit nicely in the crockpot. Drizzle with honey.
Throw any apple slices you have left over on top of the meat. Then give everything a generous sprinkling of cinnamon.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Yum! The apples are a great side, and they’re so sweet and yummy that you don’t even need a dessert with this meal to feel satisfied.
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 2-3 pound pork loin (or two smaller pork loins)
- 3 sliced apples
- 4 Tablespoons honey (approximate)
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon (approximate)
- Slice the apples and add a layer to the bottom of a crockpot. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cut slits into a pork loin about every inch. Do not cut all the way through the meat.
- Drizzle a little honey in each slit, then stuff an apple slice in each slit.
- Add to crockpot and drizzle with more honey.
- Add any leftover apple slices on top of the meat and sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 101 Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes #NationalCheesecakeDay - July 30, 2019
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes #CupcakeLoversDay - June 13, 2019
- White Chocolate Wine Truffles - June 11, 2019