You may have realized by now that we like wine here at the PinterTest Kitchen. Whether it’s using that wine in recipes, like this Sunshine Cake, or just drinking it on the side, there’s almost always a cork being popped in the evenings at one or the other Boyer residence.
So when I saw this pin Beer Crock Pot Chicken recipe, it was a no-brainer for us to test it out, replacing the beer with our alcoholic beverage of choice – wine! (Thanks to Dianne Fladebo- Brown for pinning the recipe so it appeared in my stream!)
We used a dry Reisling in this recipe, but you could use whatever white wine you have open, or go with the original choice of beer. Gotta love crock pot recipes – just prepare in the morning and you have a hot meal by the end of the day.
To make this recipe, you’ll need chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and basil.
My “garden” (okay, my one flower pot) has been overflowing with basil all summer, so I was glad to have a recipe that calls for it. We used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could use pretty much any kind of chicken you like.
Chop the basil, and put it in the crock post, along with the chicken and wine. Pour your wine (or beer or chicken broth if you don’t want to use alcohol) over the chicken. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika together and add that as well.
Just turn your crock pot on and that’s it! Man, I love an easy recipe. You’ll want to cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours if your chicken was frozen. If fresh, you only need about 3-4 hrs on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Personally, I thought this recipe was just okay. It make the chicken really moist, but I think next time I make this I’ll try a different kind of wine or even *gasp* beer. Not sure the Reisling was working for me. But it’s definitely work testing out again!
Here’s the printable recipe:
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts (or an equal amount of whatever kind of chicken you like)
- 1½ cups wine, chicken broth, or beer
- chopped Basil (I used about 3 stems worth of leaves)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Add chicken to crock pot. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Pour liquid over the chicken.
- Mix dry ingredients together and sprinkle on top.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Add 1-2 hours if using frozen chicken that hasn't been thawed.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Mocha Latte Cupcakes - November 12, 2019
- 300+ Chocolate Recipes from #Choctoberfest 2019: From Family Favorites to Unique Eats - October 28, 2019
- Chocolate Orange Overnight Oats (Vegan-Friendly!) #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2019