My new favorite is this recipe for cool whip cookies. They are super easy and extremely yummy.
The great think about these cool whip cookies is that you can make them to suit whatever mood you’re in. Because these are made with a cake mix, you can literally use any flavor you want. We’re huge fans of red velvet recipes, so that’s the route I went this time, but you could also choose chocolate, vanilla, spice, or any other flavor that strikes your fancy. We keep a bunch of cake mixes on hand so I can throw a batch in the oven whenever
I originally pinned this recipe from Food.com, where it was uploaded by Mikey Greenberg.
To make this quick cookie recipe, you only need four ingredients: any flavor box cake mix, one egg, one container of cool whip, and powdered sugar.
Ignore the directions on the cake mix box. Simple mix together the mix, the egg, and the cool whip until most of the lumps are out. The mixture will be really wet and sticky, almost like brownie batter.
Mine is red of course, because of the red velvet cake mix. Next, use a spoon to drop a “cookie” into a bowl of powdered sugar.
Yes, this is messy. I promised a fast cookie recipe, not a clean one! Use your fingers to gingerly roll the little ball of snot. I know, that sounds tasty. But seriously, that’s what they look like. I would call them snot ball cookies, but I have a feeling no one would eat them if I did.
Also, the fact that the above picture is blurry is totally my boyfriend’s fault. Though let’s be honest, half of my pictures are blurry too, so I can’t be too hard on him.
Place the cookies on an ungreased sheet…
…and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Seriously, I know we’ve posted some easy cookie recipes here before, like these No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, but I think this recipe takes the cake. Mix. Cake mix.
Whatever. All I have to say is this: If you make a batch, SAVE ONE FOR ME!
Here’s the printable:
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 egg
- 1 container cool whip
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Mix together the cake mix, egg, and cool whip until most of the lumps are gone. The "cookie dough" will be sticky and more like batter.
- Carefully drop by spoonful into powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- Chocolate Orange Overnight Oats (Vegan-Friendly!) #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2019
- Vegan Chocolate Cookie Butter Brownies #Choctoberfest - October 17, 2019
- S’mores Ice Cream #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019