I was looking around for something different to make for breakfast that didn’t involve a whole lot of extra ingredients and time. Sometimes you get sick of the usual eggs, toast or cereal. I came across a Taste of Home recipe for Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes, which I pinned. It looked simple to make and had only 4 ingredients.
The recipe called for a cup of chunky applesauce. All I had was regular applesauce in the freezer, but I had apples in the refrigerator. So I figured it would not take long to cook the apple to make my own chunky applesauce.Here are the ingredients you will need: complete buttermilk pancake mix, ground cinnamon, chunky applesauce, and water.
If you have chunky applesauce use that but if you don’t here is how to make you own: Peel and core enough apple to make about 1 1/3 cup of uncooked apple. Dice into small pieces and put into a small pot, add a little bit of water and start the cooking process. Cook until the apples become soft. Take the pot off the heat and cool a little.
Measure out 1 cup of complete buttermilk pancake mix and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Whisk these together. Add 1 cup of chunky applesauce and 1/4 cup of water and stir until just mixed. My batter was a too thick so I added a little more water.
Pour batter unto a hot griddle or nonstick fry pan and cook on first side until bubbles form on the top. Flip over on the other side until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite pancake topping.
Here is a printable recipe.
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- ¼ cup water
- Whisk together pancake mix and cinnamon.
- Add the chunky applesauce and water. (If the batter is too thick add a little more water).
- Mix until just moistened. Don't over mix or pancakes will become tough.
- Pour batter unto a hot griddle or non stick fry pan.
- Cook until bubble form on the top of the pancakes. Flip them and cook until golden brown.
- Serve them with your favorite pancake topping.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Golden Chocolate Blossom Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018