You guys… this is pretty much the easiest, cutest idea in the world for any patriotic holiday, like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Veteran’s Day, etc.
I saw this idea from several different sources on Pinterest, so I just had to give it a go. They were a huge hit at a Memorial Day party I went to, so I’m going to have to make them again for the 4th this weekend.
Here’s how you do it:
- Dip each pretzel rod in melted white chocolate and allow to harden (some time in the refrigerator will speed up the process).
- Add some blue food coloring to a small amount of white chocolate and dip just the tip. Sprinkle with white non-perils or white jimmies. (You can also use white star-shaped sprinkles if you can find them!)
- Add some red food coloring to white chocolate and drizzle over the white part of the pretzels to create “stripes.” They don’t have to be perfect.
If you have trouble getting the white chocolate to melt nicely, add a little crisco. The extra fat helps it from seizing up, which is a danger when you add food coloring to chocolate. Heat it really slowly and stir often.
You can also get pre-colored chocolate melts, but I find that true white chocolate tastes better.
These pretzels do take some time to harden after being dipped, so keep that in mind. But they’re pretty fast if you need a quick dish for a cookout.
Speaking of cookouts… our #CookoutWeek giveaway is ending soon. Have you entered yet? Here’s where you can enter to win a cookout-themed prize pack worth over $300!
Check out all of the other yummy #CookoutWeek recipes our band of bloggers published today:
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 15+ Chocolate Recipes that Use Your Stand Mixer #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2020
- Chocolate-Dipped Homemade Marshmallows #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Welcome to #Choctoberfest 2020! - October 12, 2020