I recently tried a recipe published in our local newspaper, and they are great if you are looking for a quick breakfast you can eat on the go.
I used bacon in these, but you could customize with your favorite meat of choice, such as ham or sausage. Or, leave out the meat completely for a vegetarian option. You could also add fried peppers and mushrooms, or anything else that you would put in an omelet.
Here’s the printable recipe:
Breakfast Stuff Biscuits
Perfect breakfast biscuits for a quick meal on the go.
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces frozen hash browns cooked, according to package directions
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (10 count) buttermilk biscuits
- 1 Tablespoon water
- shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
Scramble 3 eggs. Cover to keep warm.
Flatten each biscuit to a 3" circle.
Add hash browns, onions, bacon and eggs to each circle (about 1 Tablespoon of filling each, and sprinkle with cheese as desired.
Bring edges of the biscuit up over the topping by pinching the dough at the top, and place each biscuits seam side down on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
Whisk together remaining egg and water. Brush each biscuit with the mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 425 degrees F for about 8 minutes. If the biscuit starts to brown too quickly lay a piece of foil over top until they are done baking.
If you love quick brunch recipes, here are a few of our other favorites.
Latest posts by Sharon (see all)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Golden Chocolate Blossom Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 16, 2019
- Hot Cocoa Cookies #Choctoberfest - October 19, 2018