I do not understand people who say they don’t like wine, much in the same way I don’t understand people who say they don’t like cheese or chocolate or cats. But some people just aren’t into it, I guess. So while the rest of us are drinking mimosas, what are they going to drink? A Bud at 9 in the morning?
That’s just gross. Trust me, I did it once during college while tailgating before a big Penn State football game that started at noon. It was a horrible experience.
So how about a beer mimosa instead? I know, whoever invented mimosas is probably turning in their grave right now. But I promise, they’re actually pretty good, and you don’t have to deal with beer people whining about your breakfast drink selections.
Haha, get it? Whining! I crack myself up.
Okay, here’s how I do it: You’ll need orange juice, oranges, Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy, and some white wine (campaign or something carbonated). You can leave out the wine if they REALLY hate it, but I swear, I only use a splash to add some fizz.
First, fill your glass 1/3 with beer. Easy enough.
Next, add some orange sections and fill with orange juice so it is about 3/4 full. Then, fill the rest with wine to add some bubbles. Mimosas just aren’t the same without bubbles, in my opinion!
Enjoy outside in the sunshine. Your neighbors will have no idea that your juice has a little kick to it.
- ⅓ cup Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
- ⅓ - ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup champagne or other carbonated wine
- ¼ orange, cut into sections
- Fill your glass ⅓ full with the beer.
- Add orange sections (or slices to a pitcher) as desired.
- Fill your glass with orange juice so it is about ¾ full.
- Add wine to make a full glass.
You can also make this recipe by the pitcher. Add one bottle of beer and one whole orange in sections/slices, then fill with OJ and add a cup or so of wine. It makes enough for about four people. Or one person who is very thirsty. (We won’t judge you.)
Latest posts by Allison (see all)
- 15+ Chocolate Recipes that Use Your Stand Mixer #Choctoberfest - October 15, 2020
- Chocolate-Dipped Homemade Marshmallows #Choctoberfest - October 13, 2020
- Welcome to #Choctoberfest 2020! - October 12, 2020